Mandello del Lario, 10 March 2012
“Everything started with an e-mail from the collector Carlo Spotti who, together with other enthusiasts, displayed several Historical Moto Guzzi models during the GMG 90° anniversary event held inside the Factory, announcing the news to the President of the Moto Guzzi World Club that 3 Norge motorcycles would be “finished” at the beginning of March after a fantastic restoration project and therefore it would be fantastic to commemorate the event in some way. “
A good reason to “rev the engines” at the beginning of the season and meet in front of the “red gate” in Via Parodi 57 on the 10th March.
Simply by opening that gate gives all Guzzi fans a good reason to organise a day out which “brings all the Eagles back to their Nest”.
Norge Day, the first of numerous events organised by the Moto Guzzi World Club in 2012 wants to be the moment in which “three healthy old ladies” encounter the current and tireless kilometre cruiser presented in 2006 and currently fitted with an 8V 1200cc engine.
Open to motorcyclists of all kinds here is the basic programme for the Day.
- Gates open at 9.30 and close at around 17.30
- Visits to the Moto Guzzi Museum and Book Shop all day
- Expò of the Gamma 2012 and Norge 1200 8V Test Models ( Agostini in Mandello Dealership)
- 11.30-13,00 “meet the restorers ”
- 12.30-14.30 Possibility to have lunch in the Moto Guzzi canteen
- 14.30-16.00 Tour “where Guzzi motorcycles do their first kilometres”
- 16.30-17.30 Monument of Carlo Guzzi (Town Hall square): Souvenir photos
Entrance is free.
- Participants who register for the event will be given a free copy of the 2012 calendar or a Moto Guzzi World Club rubber key ring.
- Resin epoxy stickers and commemorative “NORGE DAY” motorcycle patches for will be available at a cost of 10 euro (5 euro for Moto Guzzi World Club 2011 or 2012 members or Norge owners).
- All those who want to have lunch in the Moto Guzzi canteen please send an email to book your place by Wednesday 7 March 2012 so we know how many meals to prepare:
For further information and any queries: